2/9/07

Random

1. Its been about three months and without intending offense to my former bandmates, I have to admit that the novelty of being a free agent hasn't worn off yet. :)

2. Was reading a thing about the tunings Nick Drake used and it mentioned that he used a guitar in standard tuning with the G dropped down to F# on one of his songs. I played around with the idea and came up with some ideas that required furthur changes and so I came up with a cool new tuning for new songs: D A D F# A E or in other words an open Dmaj9 chord. This is kind of interesting because the tuning I have used on most of my other songs like "black light moon," "hesperus," "dreamflesh," etc. is D A D F C E or an open Dmin9 chord(with the minor 7th added for good measure).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home